Tweets by Ramon
- Second Class Citizens takes new Mexico! @ryanjamesyezak http://t.co/j16DBMVQ3Q about 9 months ago from Twitter for Android ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Check it out. New soundtrack uploaded to soundcloud. https://t.co/Sz8p5j4CPM #pillgirl #ramonreyesmusic #filmmusic #filmscores #soundtrack about 11 months ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My new sounds: Clean and Calm http://t.co/EeUZCpHMFB on #SoundCloud about 11 months ago from SoundCloud ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My new sounds: Playing with Dolls http://t.co/G2IZfuRIqc on #SoundCloud about 11 months ago from SoundCloud ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My new sounds: Bathroom Nightmare http://t.co/kQZ1iEIDBa on #SoundCloud about 11 months ago from SoundCloud ReplyRetweetFavorite
Ramon Reyes is a Los Angeles based film, visual media and pop music composer whose work has enhanced an array of films, dance pieces and commercials.
Throughout 2012 he has been working with director Ryan James Yezak on “Second Class Citizens,” a documentary on LGBT discrimination here in the United States. In November 2012 he scored Kacper Skowron’s experimental film ‘Pill Girl’, which deals with the challenging issue of substance abuse. This February Ramon will score the sci-fi thriller Monster Killer (directed by Edgar Michael Bravo).
In 2011 Ramon also worked with Producer Michelle Poole (King Kong, K-Ci & JoJo: Come Clean), scoring Gisberg Bermudez’s festival award winning feature “Portion,” (an immigration drama starring Bruno Bichir, & Jennifer Almaguer) for 3-Star Entertainment. Some of Ramon’s past clients also include projects for the musical “Allegiance” (Starring Lea Solonga, George Takei, & Telly Leung), Toyota, the AIDS Health foundation, & Hasbro.
Ramon’s film music has been screened at festivals around the world, including a commissioned concert adaptation of his world music inspired film cue “Hadi Dans Edelim” by Chicago’s New Millennium Orchestra. Additionally, his jazz scores have been performed by notable artists such as the Grammy award winning composer/trumpeter Terence Blanchard. Also a musician, Ramon performed across seven cities in China during a month long tour.
He holds a degree from Indiana University as well as a Master’s degree from Columbia College Chicago where he studied with award winning Grammy award-winning music executive Andy Hill, & two-time Emmy award-winning film composer Hummie Mann (Dracula: Dead and Loving it, Robin Hood: Men in Tights). After moving to Los Angeles Ramon had an internship with Oscar, Emmy & Peabody award winning composer Jeff Rona (God of War III, Chicago Hope, White Squall) where he worked in the music department of Rob Schneider’s “The Chosen One.”